About Us

Welcome to Smart Art, 

We are a small group operating out of my home studio here in Pinelands (near Vista Nova).
 
We offer one-on-one sessions that are tailored to suit your child's individual needs and learning style. The lessons are R95 per hour, but the first assessment is free of change. We charge an additional R60 per hour if your child would like to stay longer. During the first assessment, I will interview you (both parents and/or guardians if possible) about your child’s personality, skill level and any and all special needs. I will also have a short session with your child to assess where they are at, and also for them to get to know me a bit while the parents are there. 

Parents are always welcome to attend the sessions but I find that children tend to focus better if it is just one-on-one. We can then proceed to set up the sessions at your convenience. I recommend once a week but it is entirely up to you.

My name is Stefanie and I have been passionate about art since I was 4 years old. My preferred medium is acrylic paint and pencil and you can view some of my work in the gallery. I became interested in tutoring shortly after university and I spent some time teaching mathematics, English and Afrikaans. However, I found my true passion when I started working with children between the ages of 2 and 10 at a school for kids with special needs. I discovered the joy of creating art together and witnessed for myself the benefits that an individual lesson plan that really considers all the needs of the child can have. 

The process of creativity has been proven to promote neural connections, improve problem-solving abilities and build confidence to express themselves. At Smart Art, we strive to combine learning, fun and freedom of expression. 

We look forward to hearing from you!